A selection of articles about Sherborne School and its former pupils. For further information about the Sherborne School Archives please contact the School Archivist.
Return to the School Archives homepage.
- The Powys Family at Sherborne School NEW!
- A Brazilian Expedition: 1885 Style (pdf)
- Old Shirburnians in India, 1898 (pdf)
- An interview with Lance Percival, May 2000 (pdf)
- Squadron Leader Peter Devitt and the bombing of Sherborne on 30 September 1940
- W.G. Grace, J.R. Painter and cricket at Sherborne (pdf)
- An account of a visit by the School Field Society to Stonehenge in 1895 (pdf)
- The day Edward Tanner won the School broad jump (1874) (pdf)
- The Prince of Wales’s visit to Sherborne School in 1923 (pdf)
- Just a Minute, Mr Parry-Jones
- Herbert John Buckmaster (1881-1966), the man who put the ‘Buck’ into Buck’s Fizz
- Old Shirburnians and the first day of the Battle of the Somme
- Sir Christopher Chataway (1931-2014)
- Professor A.N. Whitehead (1861-1947)
- Peter Twiss OBE (1921-2011)
- Arthur William Carr (1893-1963)
- P.S. Jackson-Taylor (The Green 1909-1914) and Firefly, one of the ‘Little Ships of Dunkirk’
- The Shirburnians who did not return from Dunkirk
- Laying the corner stone of School House, 8 December 1909
- Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations, 1897
- The Ascension Day Holiday
- The Empire on which the sun never sets